Friday, September 04, 2015

2015-09-05 Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child playlist & stream

runwithcraigfinn If you know me even a little, you know I'm a huge Hold Steady fan, and I'm also a huge fan of Craig Finn, the band's singer.  I've gotten to do a run with him and hang out with him a couple of other times (that's us all sweaty over to the left).  So when I heard he was doing a recording at KUTX's Studio 1A, I asked if he'd want to do a song for the show, and I was thrilled when he immediately said yes -- and even more thrilled when I thought of the song "Forever Young" for him to cover.  We got to play it on the show this week and it's just stunning.  Enjoy! 1st set They Might Be Giants - It’s Spare the Rock ID They Might Be Giants -Zeros Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus, Max Roach - A Little Max ID Frances England - Charlie Parker Renee & Friends (feat. Glen Phillips of Toad the Wet Sprocket) - You Were Meant To Be (new) ID Wilco - What Light [WJFF/KCMJ/KUTX - Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left] KUTX - Cyclocross promo 2nd set Brian Wilson - Vega-Tables ID/prep to Rock TMBG - Don’t Spare the Rock! ID Josh & the Jamtones - Sloop John B (new) Gustafer Yellowgold - Rock Melon (new) WKRP bumper Lunch Money - Come Over to My Dollhouse (feat. Secret Agent 23 Skidoo) Surfers - Underdog ID WJFF/KCMJ - Alastair Moock - This Land is Your Land KUTX: The Not-Its! - Love is Love 3rd set Dessa - Into the Spin Craig Finn - Forever Young (new, in-studio) ID The Hipwaders - The Boy Who Cried El Chupacabra (new) Tim & the Space Cadets - Breakfast Club (new, Domain 10/3) ID Flans ID They Might Be Giants - I Made a Mess They Might Be Giants - Spare the Rock